Clarksville, TN – There will be an Employer Seminar (Veterans Hiring Advantage) on August 17th, 2016 at the Wilma Rudolph Events Center in Clarksville from 9:00am – 2:00pm.
The purpose of this seminar is to empower employers and human resource professionals about the rewards of employing veterans in their workplace.
The Speakers will discuss laws, tax credits, incentives, how to recruit veterans, the unique talents of the men and women who served our country, and how they can be an asset for your organizations.
This is a free event, but registration is required to attend.
Please contact ">Karla.  to register for this event. You are encouraged to sign up as soon as possible to reserve your seat; seats are limited.
The American Job Center in Clarksville has partnered with many community employers to make this a successful and free to employers.
Some of the sponsors for this event include: The City of Clarksville, Soul Fuel BBQ, Fortera Credit Union, AARP,, Clarksville Area Chapter SHRM, Total Package and Events, Sam’s Club, HG Staffing, R.E. West, Sango Florist, Hiller, and Donut Delight.
Some of the Guest Speakers include
- Senator Mark Green
- Commissioner Many-Bears Grinder, Tennessee Department of Veterans Affairs
- COL Salome, Fort Campbell Garrison Commander
- Wendy Harrison, State Director of Veterans’ Employment and Training Service
- Fred Workman, Fort Campbell Transitional Assistance Program
- Dr. Nancy Glowacki, Women’s Veteran Program Manager
- Perry Hatch, Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development
- Chris Self, Education and Employment Initiative Regional Coordinator
- Christina Comer, US Chamber of Commerce, Fellowship Program
- Jacquelyn Scott, Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development
- Bhrett Sikkema, Veteran Affairs Benefits Advisor
- Tom Morrison, Veteran Apprentice Program
About WorkForce Essentials, Inc.
WorkForce Essentials, Inc. is a private, non-profit corporation providing innovative employment programs & training solutions to businesses and opportunities for job seekers through its centers in nine Tennessee counties. Visit www.workforceessentials.com  for more information.
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. TDD# 1.800.848.0299