City of Clarksville launches new Website Design
Clarksville, TN – Clarksville Mayor Kim McMillan is introducing a new website design for the City. The new design is available today, August 1st, 2012 and offers significant changes to the City’s website look and increased usability.
“We’ve been working on the redesign for about 6 months and I’m very excited about the changes. It looks entirely different and we’ve added some tools to make it easier to locate information quickly. My goal since taking office has been to increase transparency in government and to provide information that citizens want and need to be a part of their government. The website redesign is the next step in this effort,” said Mayor McMillan.
The new website’s features include:
- Enhanced viewing options, including variable text-sizing and a high-contrast display to accommodate a variety of needs;
- Calendar and news functions which allow users to search city-wide and/or by each City department;
- An “I want to” button that will allow citizens to access the most often sought information easily;
- Additional online services like the ability to pay parking fines online and to request city service assistance directly;
- Easier access to information about opportunities for businesses like a listing of bid/procurement opportunities that can be easily accessed and updated.
Among the most exciting options for the new site is its availability on a variety of technology devices. “We know that citizens are accessing information on their android phones, iPhones and iPads, as well laptops and computers. The new design allows for that so that you can access the information you need, when you need it and on the device you’re most comfortable with,” said Doug Sampley, Director of Information Technology for the City of Clarksville.
Additionally, the City will continue to improve the new site by continuously evaluating and assessing how the site is being accessed and used. More video options will be introduced in the future, for example.
“Our goal is to provide information as quickly, efficiently and reliably as possible,” said Mayor McMillan. “This redesigned website provides the most customer-friendly and informative experience we can provide.”